♥ Blob's Encounters ♥

Heya, thanks for viewing and feel free to comment and voice out anything in here. I'll be more than glad to help out with anything... besides that, enjoy reading my little encounters of life and how I feel about it. :) xoxo ♥ F ♥



9:59 PM

Cathay Damansara - Bad Security?

Carved by ♥ F ♥

I don't know where to go, what to do and where to begin... meh. My mood right now is so dead that I just can't bring myself to talk about the good things. I'm torn apart as I type.

So yea, apart from that.. I went through a rather disappointing, frustrating and traumatic experience a few hours after I woke up. I got called in for a last minute job. Had to do a movie review for Resident Evil: Afterlife 3D ... boss heard I was invited for it.. lol and yeah, went to Cineleisure with Rick. Met up with Andy there.. and chilled with Jay. We got our stuff covered, tickets settled, got our food and off we went for work. It should've been only a 2 hour+ outing.

Woohoo... My luck was down the shithole.

Guess what happened?

I lost my handbag in the cinema. 
(つд`)

What a bummer right? I honestly wasn't angry, or pissed regarding me losing my bag with my money or anything. Only thing that got me so damn upset was the items IN the damn BAG!! I had money entrusted to me, souvenirs from my friends from Korea, UK... the items I just purchased as a gift that wasn't cheap at all. My treasured gifts.. and even my b-day presents were in that bag as well! ARGH!! (>_<。) ... It may not mean a thing to you, but to the person who those items belong to.. it means the world. =/

It wasn't even 10 minutes that I realized it wasn't with me, and we were the LAST group to get out of that damn cinema. I dashed to the hall, entered without word and started searching like a German Shepherd sniffing out drugs. I was so upset and frustrated.

I demanded to see the manager, but of course... he was NOT around (or so I was told). So, I spoke to the Supervisor who I did not give a damn to ask for his name.

Please, Cathay managers, start HIRING those who can speak ENGLISH FLUENTLY. It's a pain to hear your staff struggle to speak.

The conversation went like this when I went to the 3D counter first (I have translated it from Malay) :

Me: Who's incharge here?
Guy 1: Him.
Me: I lost my bag, and it has been no more than 10 minutes that I've been gone.
Guy: Where did you put it?
Me: Underneath the arm rest of the chair.

The supervisor followed me to the cinema with Rick and we searched. NOTE: He took less than 5 minutes to help search then he zoomed off saying " Be right back. " I couldn't be bothered. I started digging and searching high and low. Nothing. There were even a few nice guys sitting near my row helping me search. I didn't have time to thank them but if they get to read this, thank you. I thundered out disappointed, only to see that supervisor with a group of workers standing there, talking. I walked to them, questioning furiously:

Me: My bag isn't there. This does not make any sense. It's been LESS than 10 minutes and we were the last to get out of the cinema. And there is no way in hell a customer would see my bag, because I put it where only the person sitting on that seat is able to get it, and in this case... the cleaner cuz he has to clean the leftover popcorn and whatever.



Guy: ... Are you sure? Maybe earlier a customer took it and you didn't realize? I don't know. The cleaners said they didn't take it.
(Yeah, good answer, believe the cleaners before the customer)



Me: That is impossible. Like I said, it was kept at a place nobody could reach apart from myself or the cleaner. Someone would have had to bend down and push me to get to it and there was nobody there apart from my group and your cleaners.


Guy 2: I didn't see anything. We cleaned this place.


Guy 3: Yeah. Nothing at all.


Me: Right... and of course you will say there isn't anything there. Bloody hell, if you want my money, no idea which of the lot of you took it... you can bloody well HAVE IT, but I want my BAG BACK!! My important things are in there. DAMMIT.

Oh, okay.... so, after my furious attacks, they kept quiet then one of them started to "open up" ..

Guy 2: It was only me, him and the other cleaner.
Me: Other cleaner??
Guy 3: Yeah...
Me: WHO? And WHERE are they?
Guy 2: Downstairs...
Me: I want to see ALL of you, do NOT make me call the manager and security.
Guy 3: They're downstairs...
Me: Downstairs WHERE?
Guy 3: Uhh... toilet.... (I found it odd that they hesitated to tell me the location)

Me: Take me there. N O W. I don't care. NOW.

So okay, Guy 2 takes me to some "bathroom" at the very end of the cinema halls. WTF? That's NOT a bathroom? Or maybe I saw it wrongly? All I saw was a big black plastic bag on a table I think (the guy shut the doors fast) ... then he took me downstairs to a room with another 3 people. One lady and 2 other guys. So, Guy 2 told them I lost my bag and if any of them saw it while cleaning.

Obvious answer?

NO. Lol. Of course right? Which idiot would've admitted?

The lady said " I only swept... I don't touch anything there... " and yes, I understand looks can be deceiving but, her tone... I don't know. God forbid if I'm wrong but, she seemed genuine. I didn't trust the other 3 guys. They looked too suspicious. Sorry if it seems like I'm accusing the staff of Cathay Cineplex, Damansara in Cineleisure but... in advance, I will apologize here, and HERE ONLY if it was stolen by a customer and not one of your staff, so do NOT pound me with your legal public offense. I am blogging here to express my frustration with my uttermost disappointment on your staff priorities and cooperation.

So, yet again.. another disappointment. I walked back up to the 3D booth and talked to the supervisor and he said we can make a report. So alright, I accepted that and went down to the counter to make my report. To my surprise, there was this file with a stack of papers, filled with reports. HELLO? If you can receive that many reports, can't you see that there is a problem there? In America, if this happens twice, they would already change their system and tighten their security. Worst case scenario, shut down business. That's how strict and efficient they are. I admire your service and quality given to the customers when viewing. Air-condition is just nice. Cold but not freezing, stable sound system, clear and well positioned screen. Not to mention good service at the food counter.... but, I am truly disappointed with your security service and staff sense of urgency.

At the counter while filling my report, I said:

Me: So, do you have any security here?
Guy: No.... only the supervisor and the trainees. Just the staff....
Me: Oh.. ok, what about security cameras?
Guy: We do not have any security cameras here. In the whole cinema compound, there are none. No security either. Just us staff.

Ok.... wait, WHAT!? This is a public place. A mall, and there is no security system around the cinema compound? OMG. I was in disbelief. Speechless, and my blood boiled at that statement. I started thinking to myself... what if someone got robbed there? What if someone got murdered and stabbed? What if someone was choking and dying? So many what-ifs.

I beg you to please install any form of surveillance. And PLEASE tighten your security. If someone else loses their items after this, I am sorry, but you will be losing more and more customers with your lack of security and priority in serving your customers.

There were more than 2 at the ticket checking booth and a bunch all standing at the 3D booth while I was interrogating them and out of all the staff working, only ONE guy took me to see the other 2 cleaners and the supervisor who helped me file a report and look for my bag.

Where is your sense of customer service?

I really would say more but I really do not want to drag this into a battlefield.

EDIT: I was told that I would receive a phone call by NOON. It's now 1:40pm. Lack of punctuality there. FIX IT. I stayed up all night, worried and restless, are you happy? Also, the guy who called mumbles and I can BARELY understand what he was saying.

 Bleargh. I'm done ranting.

Thanks to Adrean, Rick, Andy, Cherry, Jay, Ruz, Johnny and Kaze for talking to me and cheering me up. :)


This is ♥ F ♥ signing out for now.. you know you love me :) xoxo

1 markings:

Anonymous said...

Just to add some info for you from someone who spent quite some time at cinemas:

1. Security is managed by the mall of which inside cineplex is outside their jurisdiction.

2. All the cineplex CCTVs are probably focused only at the cashiers, i.e. to watch were their staff collect money. Although I also heard some time ago that infrared cameras are installed in every cinema hall for purpose other then security. Also security will never let outside people see their CCTV recordings as it shows their cameras are looking and therefore identifies blindspots.

3. If the culprit is only interested in money, there is reasonably chance he/she might toss away the bag and all other contents. My mother once had her bag stolen from supermarket in MVM and fortunately the bag showed up at department store in downtown KL, minus cash and handphone. The department store security was also good enough to look through stuff in the handbag and found my mother's other contact numbers to notify that the bag was found. So in your case, you might consider checking with the Lost & Found at the nearby shopping malls (e@Curve, The Curve, Ikano, Tesco). Maybe even consider looking into the garbage bins of each mall, for e@Curve / Cineleisure it is at the back of the mall facing construction site next to the loading bay.

4. If indeed cleaners were the culprits, consider where they might dispose of the bag, probably between mall and where they stay, which if within walking distance could Mutiara Flats, Pelangi Apartments and, if further, other low-cost housing up to Kota Damansara and Sg Buloh. Sieving through garbage bins at each place is no fun though.

My 2 sen and good luck!

Post a Comment